Earn Your Bank Security Certification at the ICBA Bank Security Institute
To earn the Certified Community Bank Security Officer (CCBSO) certification, you will be required to attend this program in its entirety, complete all assignments, and achieve a passing score on the certification exam(s).
Ensure the physical safety of your bank, staff, and customers. Cover everything from the basics of bank security to some situations you may not have even prepared for.
Learn to address security situations through interactive sessions and discussions that will inspire new ideas and challenge you to look at security from a new perspective.
- Understand what is required of the security officer with regulation H, the supervision of staff, and the training requirements for staff.
- Sharpen your observation skills and detect potential threats in events happening around you.
- Distinguish body language in a confrontation and proactively address verbal and potentially physical confrontations.
- Identify the warning signs a person might show when embezzling.
- Recognize the dos and don’ts as it relates to speaking with the media.
- Outline the key steps to take in preparing your bank and staff in the event of a robbery.
- Identify physical security enhancements you can make to improve security at your bank.
- Understand the methodology required to solve a case using a scientific approach.
- Recognize when you have a crime scene.
- Understand the components of conducting an interview after an incident.
- Institute effective security reporting to your board.
- Identify specific records to retain for effective security management.
- Recognize the security gaps when working with cash intensive businesses and onboarding casinos, private ATM operators, or marijuana related businesses.